Treatments to Help Stop Smoking
There are many available treatments that help addicted smokers quit smoking addiction. Cigarette smoking is one of the major causes of death in the United States. Because of the strong negative effects of smoking on the skin, teeth and cardiovascular system, many smokers make multiple attempts to quit the habit. Unfortunately, the withdrawal symptoms caused by nicotine addiction are very difficult to fight.
Fortunately, there are many treatments and products to help people, especially smokers who want to bring an end to their addictive and dangerous habits, stop smoking. These treatments come from both traditional (Western) and nontraditional (Eastern) medicines. Though the treatments can’t assure a 100 percent success rate, such products and treatments may assist smokers in quitting the habit.
Quit Smoking Treatments and Products
Below are some of the products or treatments which help smokers to give up the habit.
- Nicotine Chewing Gum: It is the most popular product for smokers who want to quit. The gum contains nicotine, which is released through chewing. Smokers can chew this gum as a replacement for lighting up a cigarette.
- Chewing Gum and Candy: Many KickTheButt.com visitors have reported success with basic chewing gum and chewy sweets like taffy. Just keeping the mouth busy sucking or chewing on something has helped many smokers break their habit.
- Nicotine Dapple: It is another product that helps fight the smoking habit, and is also a nicotine replacement treatment. The patch releases small quantities of nicotine that are strong enough to convince the brain that the person is smoking. However, nicotine in the patch comes without the hazardous ingredients and effects of cigarettes.
- Oral Contraceptives: There are many pills available on the market that help smokers quit. Zyban is one of the most popular brands available. It does not contain any nicotine substances and has the effect of an antidepressant drug.
- Vaccination: This is another popular method to stop smoking. The chemical substances contained in this vaccination inhibit the nicotine receptors in smokers’ brains, curbing their thirst for nicotine.
Herbal products are available for smokers who desire traditional products to help them stop smoking. In addition, there are drops and pills available that function on the same principles as several chemical oral contraceptives. Regardless of which product or treatment smokers choose, they must consult with an expert physician before taking any of these products.